Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nate's 13th Birthday




Today is Nate's 13th birthday. He is delightful, smart, good, strong and kind. God blessed me the day he was born; on a beautiful, Spring day in Miesenbach, Germany, 13 years ago. We lived in a duplex, it was three stories high and one of our all-time, favorite homes. We could walk one block away to the Seewoog; here is a picture of it in the Spring. We would go there to feed the ducks and walk. Anyway on March 30th, 1998 we were given a beautiful, sunny, Spring day and decided to go on a picnic, John, very-pregnant-me, Zach and Luke. My neighbor Jane Ann Morgan was pregnant too and due to have her baby in April. I was due to have Nate late in March, I don't remember the exact due date but all of my kids were from 1-2 weeks overdue. So, we were lunching not far from our home and I saw Scot and Jane Ann drive off and I KNEW they were driving to the hospital to have their baby, no fair. I was really disappointed because I wanted to deliver first, after all I was pregnant longer! So, I speedily went into labor that day and delivered our beautiful, Nate. Oddly enough, Jane Ann and I were roommates in the hospital, she had a little boy, Andrew, and Nate and Andrew celebrated their first birthdays with a double birthday party! Nate has promised me he will always live with me, in an RV in the back yard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment